Return to main navigation Page
You are here: Parts > Parts - Use Cases & Troubleshooting
Parts - Use Cases & Troubleshooting
Handling Discontinued Parts
This Use Case outlines how to appropriately handle an existing quote that contains a discontinued part/product.
- Use a custom field for the End Date of the product.
Construct a warning message (in Commerce) that appears when the user adds a discontinued part or product to a Quote.
This highlights that the product has an End Date that precedes the current date/quote expiration date.
- When the user submits a quote for approval with an expired product, EITHER:
- Create a Validation Rule that stops users from submitting the quote altogether.
- Create an “Expired Product” approval trigger.
- Use similar logic when a user attempts to
place an order that contains an expired product or part. Either block
the user from placing an order with an expired product or require
Missing Buttons on Parts Integration Page
The Parts Integration can only be run by SuperUser.
If you are logged in as SuperUser, then these actions will only be visible if you are punched into a Partner site.
- If your organization is able to punch into your integrated site from BMI:
- Click the Partner Login link.
- Refresh the page.
- If your organization is NOT able to punch into your integrated site from BMI:
- Return to the partner site.
- Punch back into BMI.
- Navigate to Parts Integration.
If the Partner Login link is still visible on the top of your screen, you are not punched in.