Return to main navigation Page
You are here: Users > Setting Up Groups
Setting Up Groups
Groups are a collection of users and are useful for determining access rights for Commerce documents. From the Group Administration List page, you can Add or Edit user groups.
Setting up Groups
- Navigate to the Group Administration List page.
- Click Admin to go to the Admin Home Page.
Click Groups in the Users section.
The Group Administration List page appears.
- Click Add.
Enter a Group Name and Variable Name.
When assigning variable names, avoid non-alphanumeric characters and spaces.
Choose a user from the User drop-down and click Add to add users to the group.
The users appear in the Current Group Members field.
- Continue to add users as necessary.
Click Add or Update to save the added information or click Back to go back to the Group Administration List page without saving your changes.
A user can belong to more than one group. Groups can be managed only by the SuperUser and FullAccess user.
Maintaining a Group
- Edit the group name by modifying the existing name in the Group Name field, and click Update.
- Add users by selecting a username from the Users drop-down, and click Add. The added users can be seen in the Current Group Members field.
- Remove users by selecting one or more users in the Current Group Members field, and click Delete.
- Save the changes made by clicking Update or click Back to go back to the Group Administration List page without saving your changes.
Periods can be used in CPQ Cloud usernames.
can not be deleted once they are added. If you no longer need a group,
just change the groups name to something like "***DELETE ME***". This
will let the admin users know that this group is no longer used.
Determining what groups to have is decided
at the time of implementation design. Once a site has been
implemented, there is usually no need to add additional groups unless
new functionality is required.
Groups are typically used for
Commerce Process workflow permissions. However, you can also decide what
a user will see (or not see) on the Quote form, depending on their
If a site exceeds the license
limitations on any of the license types (Internal User & Partner
Organization User), the administrator will not be allowed to create any
new users until the license count is decreased and no longer exceeds the
When the license limit is reached, an error
message appears instructing the administrator to contact Customer
Support and purchase additional licenses.