Return to main navigation Page
Quote Status Is Incorrect
It's important when dealing with work flow issues to recognize that there is a distinction between Quote Status and Quote Step.
- Quote Status is usually a descriptive attribute on the quote that helps identify what stage of the work flow the quote is in.
- Quote Step is a special attribute
within CPQ Cloud that is used to determine permissions and document
views, send email notifications, and link with integrated external
From time to time, the Status field and Step may get out of
Sync, due to changes in logic to one or the other. When this occurs, it
is helpful to find the Step ID.
Understanding incorrect Quote status
- To find the Step ID, go into your transaction manager and view the quote.
- Once in the quote, Right Click on the
background and select View Page Source. A window will pop up with the
source code of the web page.
- Search for _step_id_value. You'll see
something like this: input type=hidden name=_step_id value=12345. The
number in the value attribute is the step id, in this case 12345.
- To match it to a step, navigate to Admin --> Process Definition -->Quick Links. Expand the List of Steps.
- Maximize the Quick Links window to make it
fill the whole screen. Now hover over each step with the mouse, paying
attention to the link displayed at the bottom of the screen; something
number at the end of the link - in this case 12345 again, will match on
the step that the quote is currently in. You can drill into this step
now to view the User Access Rights, Transition Rules, Email
Notifications, and Document Views.