Return to main navigation Page
What are mobile approvals?
Mobile approvals allow users to perform modify actions on a
quote by replying to an email. The typical use case for this is to allow
a user to approve/reject a quote by responding to a system generated
email from a mobile device. The user can also provide a comment in the
email that can be mapped to a history or text area type attribute.
How do mobile approvals work?
When a CPQ Cloud registered user performs a step change action, a notification
is sent to the user. If the Mobile Devices approvals process is set up
on this notification rule, then the email sent to the user will contain a
unique key in the subject line.
Sample Email with Unique Key
The approver will need to reply to the notification email to perform the modify action.
The subject line of the email must contain the unique key.
- The first string on the first line of the
email will be the keyword associated with the action that the user is
trying to perform.
- The second line of the email can be the
comment. This comment can be mapped to any text area or history type
attribute in commerce.
Sample Reply to the Notification Email
Cloud sends an email indicating if the action specified by the user was
performed successfully or if an error was encountered.
Setting up Mobile Approvals
- Navigate to a modify-type action. For example, "Approve".
- Define the Email Notification keyword for the action.
Keywords are case-sensitive.
- Multiple keywords can be associated with an action. All possible values can be separated with a tilde in the Email Notification Keyword field on the Action Editor.
- A keyword has to be unique.
- A keyword can have alphabets, numbers and underscore.
- A keyword cannot have multi-byte characters
- A keyword can be associated with only one action within a process
- Specify a text area or history type attribute in the Approval Comment Mapping field in the Action Editor.
- The comment specified by a user in the email will be mapped to the specified attribute.
- On a Transition Rule,set up the Mobile Devices Notification. Select the option Allow response to Trigger an Action.
- When this option is selected, CPQ Cloud will automatically generate the unique key in the subject line of the outgoing email.
The user specified comment can contain multi-byte characters.
CPQ Cloud validates that the user email is
registered with the system before sending the unique key. Therefore,
only a user with a valid CPQ Cloud account can receive the unique key
and can perform the modify action via email. Inactivated users will not
be sent a key.
The user responding to the email is used for permissions on actions and any CRM integrations.
The person replying to an approval
email must have the same email address as the person to whom the
approval notification was sent.