Return to main navigation Page
In order to use Standard Approvals, the Submit Action and
its sub-actions must be added to transition rules within the steps. We
can understand how Standard Approvals will interact with the workflow
steps by employing an illustration involving the following steps: Pending, Pending Approvals and Approved.
- A quote starts on the Pending step,
Step 1 on the illustration. When the user invokes the Submit action,
CPQ Cloud checks to see if any approval is needed. If no approvals are
needed, the Submit action is performed and the quote is approved.
Therefore, on the Submit action, the FullAccess user must define
transition rules to the Approved step, Step 3 on the illustration.
- If approvals are needed, the Request for Approval action is triggered and the quote must be moved to the Pending Approvals
step, Step 2 on the illustration. You will need to define a transition
rule on the Request for Approval action to take the quote to the Pending Approvals step.
- On the Pending Approvals step, the FullAccess user should define a transition rule on the Submit action to the Approved step since the final acceptance will automatically trigger the Submit action and quote will be approved.
- You should also define transition rules on the Revise and Reject actions to take the quote back to the Pending step.
- The Submit action should be hidden (not inactivated) after the Pending step, to prevent users from continuously resubmitting a quote. Also, the revise action should only be made visible in the Pending Approval step.