Return to main navigation Page
Commerce Best Practices
- Put all Commerce BML in libraries.
- Comment the library function.
- Comment the calling function.
- Maintain the following Looping standards.
- Do not created nested loops.
- Select variables carefully at the line level.
- Keep in mind the difference between document number and sequence number.
- Don’t modify system generated attributes.
- Line item looping always on the advanced modify / default
- Never use summation attributes.
- Never use "Revert to default" on line item attributes.
- Never use
- Transition documents out of the Start step.
- When defining attributes, use
_line suffixes as well as camelCase.
- There are a limited number of data columns
available: define them carefully. Remember that search, native
reporting, and timer variables must also be columns.
- Start with the standard QuickStart Commerce Process when possible.